Dimmer issue with multibeam fixtures in 5.0.4

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

sidygood
Operating System: Windows

Dimmer issue with multibeam fixtures in 5.0.4

Post by sidygood »

The new version 5.0.4 "Fixed an issue with dimmer on multi beam fixtures" according to the changelog... Probably this should make a "virtual dimmer" available for the individual beams. But because some of these fixtures have a global dimmer, things broke: When using the Dimmer and Color tabs to configure your light the global dimmer channel stays unchanged, hence not turning on any beam.

Here we have a Eurolight led tmh-x4:

2024-04-06 17_04_16-Daslight 5.png
2024-04-06 17_04_16-Daslight 5.png (9.76 KiB) Viewed 350 times
2024-04-06 17_04_45-.png
2024-04-06 17_04_45-.png (77.75 KiB) Viewed 350 times
2024-04-06 17_05_18-Daslight 5.png
2024-04-06 17_05_18-Daslight 5.png (44.49 KiB) Viewed 350 times

Easy fix: Just go to the FADER Tab and turn up... hehe almost. You have now created yourself a bug when fading the original scene in a super scene where ch7 just jumps up after the fade in. To fix this new issue: Go to patch and disable fade for the dimmer channel of your fixture (ch7 in my example).

@devs: please fix and stop releasing badly tested software...
SynthBoy

Re: Dimmer issue with multibeam fixtures in 5.0.4

Post by SynthBoy »

I have the exact same problem using a ADJ quad led sweeper (8 beams)...seems like basic checks are skipped implementing the "fix"
willm

Post by willm »

Hello!

Thank you for the report. I have looked into this and it does appear that whilst trying to add a new feature which many users have requested, we may have introduced some new problems for other users! The idea of the new feature was so that a multi-beam fixture can now use the virtual dimmers for each beam in order to create chasers (i.e. using the Chaser, Value or Curve FX on the Dimmer feature). Before, doing this would dim the whole fixture so it wasn't possible to do this.

It seems that now this change has now excluded the Dimmer channel from the fade, taking only the virtual Dimmer. I will report this to the development team to look into and hopefully this will be a relatively easy fix.

Kind regards,
Will
er-dee

Post by er-dee »

Hello,

I was looking forward for virtual dimmers to come as well. But, I was hoping it would be like added dimmer faders to the dimmer tab for each single beam. In my case, I use Ayra Compar Kit Jr. which has a global dimmer channel and 4 beams RGBW. So in the dimmer tab, you would find the global dimmer, and 4 virtual dimmer faders.

I would say, this just takes an extra layer in the background between the color faders in the foreground and the values that are really sent out towards DMX. So for example the color faders for 1 beam are set at R100-G80-B60-W0%, but via the virtual dimmer of that beam (which is set at let`s say 50%) the real value towards the DMX is R50-G40-B30-W0%.

This would mean you can create the exact same effects as if you have loose fixtures. I would like to be able to program both dimmer effects and colors/color effects separate, by mixing 2 of them you can create al lot of different effects.

Kind regards
er-dee

Post by er-dee »

Hello,

I was looking forward for virtual dimmers to come as well. But, I was hoping it would be like added dimmer faders to the dimmer tab for each single beam. In my case, I use Ayra Compar Kit Jr. which has a global dimmer channel and 4 beams RGBW. So in the dimmer tab, you would find the global dimmer, and 4 virtual dimmer faders.

I would say, this just takes an extra layer in the background between the color faders in the foreground and the values that are really sent out towards DMX. So for example the color faders for 1 beam are set at R100-G80-B60-W0%, but via the virtual dimmer of that beam (which is set at let`s say 50%) the real value towards the DMX is R50-G40-B30-W0%.

This would mean you can create the exact same effects as if you have loose fixtures. I would like to be able to program both dimmer effects and colors/color effects separate, by mixing 2 of them you can create al lot of different effects.

Kind regards
er-dee

Post by er-dee »

Addition to the above (sorry for copying it)

Think it is best to automatically create a virtual dimmer for each beam, and take these dimmers as the main dimmer instead of the global dimmer So what I mean is the software uses the virtual dimmers and leaves the global dimmer alone. This way it might prevent things from not working like the user would like it to.
Should work for fixtures with separate coloured LED`s, not sure what will happen with other fixtures. Maybe a switch to choose between normal/virtual dimmer?