Can't safe .dvc files in iCloud anymore after latest DL5 update

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

rickyr0
Operating System: Windows

Can't safe .dvc files in iCloud anymore after latest DL5 update

Post by rickyr0 »

Hey,
as the title says. I'm not able to safe .dvc files in iCloud anymore after I installed the latest Das Light 5 update. Or better to say I can safe them there but can't reopen them via Windows Explorer. I get the following Error "The specified device, path or file cannot be accessed. You may not have sufficient authorizations to access the element."
If I open DL5 and choose "File -> open" I can open the safed .dvc files.

Anybody with the same problem?

Hope some one can help.
willm

Re: Can't safe .dvc files in iCloud anymore after latest DL5 update

Post by willm »

Hello,

This sounds to be a permissions issue- perhaps it is to do with the installation file path that was chosen to install the latest version of the software. I believe this would need to be addressed on the iCloud/Mac permissions side of things as there shouldn't be anything new on the side of the software causing this (or at least not anything that comes to mind!).

Would you possibly be able to provide some steps that I can take to reproduce this to ensure that I am testing it correctly?

Kind regards,
Will
rickyr0

Post by rickyr0 »

Hey,

so after a while i'm at my PC again. Which kind of steps do you need? Actually it's just that I wanna open a .dvc file from the folder which is located in iCloud.

That's the error that I get when I try to update DasLight at my Laptop. It's the same as at my PC
https://we.tl/t-CptXfu2wpe
rickyr0

Post by rickyr0 »

Also if I completly uninstall DasLight with extra help of RevoUninstall and reinstalled DasLight, the error when I wanna open a .dvs file is still there.
rickyr0

Post by rickyr0 »

Now I tested a lil bit and found out that it's not only the files in iCloud. It's every .dvc file I safe, no matter the path. I can safe them at my desktop and after I close the file and wanna reopen it, the error I wrote in the first post appears.