Newbie needs help

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

slohsche
Operating System: Windows

Newbie needs help

Post by slohsche »

Hello,

I`m quite new to daslight. I am a teacher and should setup a basic stage lighning envirorment in my school. This should be used by teachers who have access to the stage for rehersal, not for big theater events.
Here is how far I come:
I set up a small pc which is hide, that runs daslight 5. I programmed some basic scenes (e.x. "warmwhite 50%", Blue at 30%" etc.). These scenes are aktivated through the daslight remote app on an iPad. Teachers just get this iPad and can just play these scenes.

Everthing works fine, but... :-)
I put a fader and a colour wheel on the touch page, that teachers were able to fade out a scene or change the colour. But when I use the fader on a specific scene, for exemple I start with warmwhite at 50%, then fade it to 20% (Dimmer), and I change now the scene to "Blue 50%", the fixtures change to blue but stay on the 20% dimmer value. So I am not able to go back to the original values of the scene. The same happens, if I change the colour of a scene in the live modus.

I think it has something to do with the priorities? But I not able to figure it out. Maybe some of you experts can help me?

Best regards, Slohsche
DJMan32

Re: Newbie needs help

Post by DJMan32 »

if you select the scene then navigate to advanced properties, you can set the priority at the top. However, if you are controlling the master dimmer of the group, the mixer master dimmer take priority,
slohsche

Post by slohsche »

Thank you DJMan32 for your quick reply!

Of course I found the priority dialogue and tryed different settings. For my basic understandig I thought I had to give the scenes a higher priority then the live modus, right?
And yes of course the master dimmer should get priority to fade out an running scene. I want that! :-)

But: If I start a new scene after fading out another scene, the values of that scene (colour, dimmer value, etc.) which I programmed into that scene should be rolled out an get priority.

That sounds so basic to me from my newbie view, that I think it must be possible. Or am I wrong? :shock:

Thank you for any advice or tipps!
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

in theory yes, the new scene with the same or greater priority then the current scene should get priority, I apologies but im a little unclear of the desired effect, its not you, its me,

They I would set up your scenes:

Group one, Once Scene With the dimmer at 100%, thats it

Group two, multiple scenes, each one with its own color (Red with red color, blew with blue, ect....)

On the touch view, map the colors to individual buttons, and a fader on the dimmer for the first group scene
EssaMattou

Post by EssaMattou »

DJMan32 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:26 pm if you select the scene then navigate to advanced properties, you can set the priority at the top. However, if you are controlling the master dimmer of the group, the mixer master dimmer take priority,
Head Soccer
If we master this theory we can prioritize what we want