dashlight without crash - MAC or PC ?

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

chrischris
Operating System: Mac OS X

dashlight without crash - MAC or PC ?

Post by chrischris »

Hello, as I'm preparing a configuration for an entire concert with autonomous management of the light scenes, I'd like to have your feedback on anyone who have dashlight 5 crashes (latest realease) on mac and pc. I need to get a laptop, and I don't know which would be more reliable and without crashes. PC or mac?

My configuration is a bit special because I launch superscenes with a controller "AKAI apc key 25" .
all backing tracks are multi-tracked (4 separate tracks : bass, drums, synth and guitars) and run simultaneously with a DAW.
At first, I was very happy to be able to synchronize several audio tracks on dashlight, but it turns out that track synchronization is totally random and not operational : sometimes it's in sync, sometimes it's not. It would be great if the dashlight team could rework this part of the software.

I had a crash earlier on my mac mini, dashlight crashed and the music on reaper continued to play without crashing. What do I do if this happens to me live ????

In short, I'm due to buy a laptop in the next few days, and I'd like to know your opinion on the most reliable, crash-free configuration. PC vs MAC?

Thank you

Chris
Jamo
Operating System: Windows

Re: dashlight without crash - MAC or PC ?

Post by Jamo »

I can't help you out when it comes to reliability on Mac, but Daslight 5 works great on PC for me! In two years of using Dashlight, it only crashed once. Sure, not perfect, but very close.
chrischris
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: dashlight without crash - MAC or PC ?

Post by chrischris »

Jamo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:05 am I can't help you out when it comes to reliability on Mac, but Daslight 5 works great on PC for me! In two years of using Dashlight, it only crashed once. Sure, not perfect, but very close.
Thank you for your feedback