OSC input

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

MNCreative
Operating System: Windows

OSC input

Post by MNCreative »

Hi!

I'm trying to get OSC in work in Daslight5.
I receive commands, but after lerning them in the OSC Mapping window it doesn't do anything afterwards when I close the mapping window. There is no reaction whatsoever. Unfortunately the documentatoin in the manual isn't really helpful on finding out what Daslight expects from an OSC message.
Attached is one of my many attempts to get things work.
I want to map buttons and faders.

For buttons I thought it doesn't really matter how the syntax looks like, so I tried something like "/daslight/szene1" for triggering a scene on bank1. Everything's fine, the command got recognized, but once I closed the window I expected the button to be triggered (it's set to toggle, so the next command should turn it on). No reaction...

For the fader I tried to map the "grand master" by selecting it and send something like "/daslight/master/<value>". Again, the command gets recognized and it also gets all the value changes in the osc mapping window, but there is no reaction once the mapping window is closed.
I also tried: "/daslight/master i <value>", "/daslight/master <value>", etc.

Am I missing something? What did I wrong?
For now I don't have any hardware connected to the software, I'm currently just playing around and trying to get the OSC workflow running...

Thanks for the help!
Attachments
daslight_osc.JPG
daslight_osc.JPG (27.48 KiB) Viewed 3058 times
MatrixLights
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: OSC input

Post by MatrixLights »

Hey,

sadly the manual is always a bit short in explaination, so here it comes.

First of all, DL5 (sadly) doesn't divides into Input and Output, so you can trigger a scene with a command as well as the command is sended when triggered. This means if you active a scene (doesn't matter if via touch/DMX/OSC whatever) the same OSC is sended from DL.

To recieve OSC you first have to select the IP and port. For example 127.0.0.1 is the same pc, Port 7000 is used for example as an input port.
In this setup, DL will only trigger if it recieves an OSC command with the Port 7000 selected.

To map the different commands to a fader or a button, you first go to "Mappings" > "Map OSC", press the button/fader you want to assign and then send the OSC command you want to assign. The syntax works like this: /command/subcommand <value>, to toggle a button it's enough to send a command without any value. If you want to control faders, you have to send a value from 0-1, for example 0.5 will be 50%. I didn't figure out if this only works for percentage but I wasn't able to switch into the 0-255 mode, but 0-1 as a float works.

I hope this helps you, if not ask again :)

Regards,
Matrix
Answers in English or German

Mac / DL 5.0.2.1 / DVC Gold / AKAI APC Mini mk2
Lu3c

Post by Lu3c »

Hello everybody

Same Problem. Settet everything in daslight like your instructions above but when i fire the que (in my case in Q-Lab) daslight dont play the scene.

Any Solutions?

Greetings from Switzerland.
Luca
Attachments
Bild 16.09.23 um 10.49.jpg
Bild 16.09.23 um 10.49.jpg (80.31 KiB) Viewed 2867 times
Lu3c

Post by Lu3c »

Here as a supplement the Log from Q-Lab. It receives Messages when i trigger the scenes directly in daslight5 with my mouse and Q-Lab sents the OSC-Messages correctly to Daslight.

Unfortunately daslight5 doesnt activate or play the scenes when i fire the cues in qlab....
Attachments
Bild 16.09.23 um 11.10.jpg
Bild 16.09.23 um 11.10.jpg (116.63 KiB) Viewed 2866 times
Lu3c

Post by Lu3c »

Its me again....
After a few times of testing i figured out that when i send commands with udp and set the button as absolute and checkamrk invert for on and uncheck for off it works...

But it only works when i sent UDP messages instead of osc messages.

Greetings..
Attachments
Bild 16.09.23 um 15.23.jpg
Bild 16.09.23 um 15.23.jpg (76.58 KiB) Viewed 2858 times
Bild 16.09.23 um 15.24.jpg
Bild 16.09.23 um 15.24.jpg (54.99 KiB) Viewed 2858 times
suzume23

Post by suzume23 »

I notice you are sending the message `/daslight/szene1` to the OSC Mapping window. This message is not recognized by Daslight5, so it is not doing anything. To trigger scene 1 on bank 1, you would need to send the message `/daslight/scene/1/1`.
pokedoku
cheminade
Operating System: Windows

Post by cheminade »

Hello, I come back to your post which helped me a lot but I cannot find the message format which would be recognized by Daslight for example to move a dimmer.
Can you help me ?