Can I accomplish this with Daslight 5

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

seeu22
Operating System: Windows

Can I accomplish this with Daslight 5

Post by seeu22 »

Hello All,

I'm a new user here and potentially a new customer for Daslight. I'm trying to determine if Daslight 5 can accomplish the following task;

First a little background. I play in a corporate cover band and we carry our own intelligent lighting rig with us. 16 led movers, Led pars, and led front wash. We currently are running an older computer based lighting controller called blue light X1. It has been effective for us, easy to use and powerful, but it is no longer supported and we need to upgrade our laptop, so the hunt is on for a new lighting controller. I'd like to stick to the computer based controllers.

Our show is synched to tracks which we also use to start/synch our lighting show. Currently when we start a track, it sends a midi command to the Bluelight X1 controller. This starts the Bluelight's internal "event list" at a specified time in the list. The event list is basically the lighting cues/program for that particular song.

Can I accomplish this with Daslight 5 using the Super Scene function?
iHow many Super Scenes can I store?

Can each Super Scene be individually triggered via midi?

How accurate is the synch? I'm assuming it'll be synched to the computers internal clock so replay should be consistent for each playback.

Finally, if there is better way to accomplish this, I'm all ears.

Neil