Daslight.com Forum Index Daslight.com
Virtual Controller DMX Software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting steps "by hand"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benoist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Starting steps "by hand" Reply with quote

Good afternoon,

I'm interested in Daslight softwares in order to control lights by computer. But I still have some questions, and I did not manage to find the answers in the helps.

- is there a Daslight software / interface in there it would be possible to start steps in a scene "by hand" ? I have only found automatic starts between steps, in function of the time.

- in fact, I'm a singer of a group, and I can't stay at all time in front of the computer. Still now, I was using a traditionnal light controller, was preparing my steps at home and was starting them in live with a footswitch linked to my light controller. Do you know if there is a Daslight software or interface who would be able to do the same thing ? (maybe with my light controller linked in the DMX-IN, or with the HE10 ?)

I can go to the computer to change scenes, but I need to be able to change steps only with a footswitch.

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

--
Benoist
Richard CSL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you create all your scenes in one group, (if you use more groups this does not work properly) you could use a midi command to change to next scene using tools, shortcuts, expand the live box, add midi comand. So possibly use footpedals or a cheapo drum midi pad.

you can create scenes with many steps (chases) and activate with sound or time slider. the tap for bpm function might be another option, I think this works on the latest version of the software, not tried it myself.
simonB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and if you wanted to run your show without a compter...
It is not possible to trigger by DMX in when running your show in stand alone (without a computer)
You could use the HE10 socket. These are dry contact ports which you can link with any scene. You just need to make a momentary closure with one of the pins and the ground pin to trigger a scene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daslight.com Forum Index -> General Chatter All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: