some problems with the simulator

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

testerjoe

some problems with the simulator

Post by testerjoe »

1. i'm trying in "Demo Mode"

the problems:
the programm runns always on top and i must minimise this to get an other application!
for what are these 2 bottom windows??
i cannot zoom ore modify something!
how i can import external 3d objetcs with textures? (the conv3ds works, but i have many problems to with the textures.)

i will create a small light for a fairy lights effect. any idea how doas it work?
Andre

Post by Andre »

There is a button in the view menu called "Always on top".

I assume you mean when in "Construction mode", they are wire fram views of the "stage". There is a little circle in the bottom left of these "panes" that allow you to change various things.

You need to be in "Full Mode" not "ECO Mode" to be able to zoom etc on these panes.

I am not sure if this is something we are meant to know or not as nothing is in a "manual" about it, but I do know how to set it into "Full Mode".
You hold Left Shift, Left Ctrl, Left Alt and then click the "About" menu option.
Andre
testerjoe

Post by testerjoe »

thanks for the "Full Mode".
(it's really better)

because the smal light:
if i create a new simple color object, then i can select the types Panel, Neon or Spot but the Simulator shows allways an Panel??
Andre

Post by Andre »

I can't really help you there with objects etc in the 3D Simulator as all I use it for is a quick visualisation of the shows I create.
If I wanted to do real detailed stage setups etc. I would not be using the Daslight product but most probably "WYSIWYG".
Andre
testerjoe

Post by testerjoe »

WYSIWYG is out of all budget.
but it is a pity, that the v3d simulator have so many problems with simple thinks.
ps: the 3d viewer from the sunon package shows the neon-objects correct, but i cannot mix the software.