Daslight 5 Gold

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

pbennett

Daslight 5 Gold

Post by pbennett »

Hello
Please can someone tell me how I add a scene to my Gold buttons? There are 10 buttons that come up A01 etc.
I want to add some saved scenes to these buttons but can't find a way of doing this.
Also I see a A to B button how to we switch it to make another 10?
thanks
TheLightGuy12
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: Daslight 5 Gold

Post by TheLightGuy12 »

you have to setup scenes on your show file

then under tools you can click "stand alone" in that tool you can import your desired scenes to desired buttons.
pbennett

Post by pbennett »

Great thanks I managed to figure that out. I can now turn my uplighters on as I have them set as a scene but I also have some led floor battens that work when I click on them but don't work when I add them to the standalone buttons. I hit write to save and the number on the gold becomes available but they don't turn on, the identical uplighter battens do. Any ideas why?
TheLightGuy12

Post by TheLightGuy12 »

make sure you don't have a live edit on the Dimmer in the software, making sure your scene has the dimmer up.
pbennett

Post by pbennett »

TheLightGuy12 wrote:make sure you don't have a live edit on the Dimmer in the software, making sure your scene has the dimmer up.
I don't get it. These scenes are the same. The Stage Uplighters, the Wall Battens and the Floor Battens are the same model of light. They are setup the same but the only one that works once added to the stand alone is the Stage Uplighters.
Any ideas on how I fix this?
Attachments
3a.JPG
3a.JPG (130.63 KiB) Viewed 15338 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (84.68 KiB) Viewed 15338 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (88.73 KiB) Viewed 15338 times
TheLightGuy12

Post by TheLightGuy12 »

WAIT, Are the lights not working on addresses 128 and up or 256 and up? The gold only has 128 or 256 channels of stand alone by default and you have to buy more stand alone channels to unlock more

DUMB I know, you are paying $549+ for a box that you should be able to do whatever the hell you want with but hey, I'm not in charge.
pbennett

Post by pbennett »

TheLightGuy12 wrote:WAIT, Are the lights not working on addresses 128 and up or 256 and up? The gold only has 128 or 256 channels of stand alone by default and you have to buy more stand alone channels to unlock more

DUMB I know, you are paying $549+ for a box that you should be able to do whatever the hell you want with but hey, I'm not in charge.
Where can I find the amount of channels I am using? On their website it states.
stand alone dvc gold 512
TheLightGuy12

Post by TheLightGuy12 »

512 is one universe
pbennett

Post by pbennett »

TheLightGuy12 wrote:512 is one universe
This explains it then. We have 2 universes, universe 1 is not full as has mostly tungsten but universe 2 is complete.
Some of these fixtures have 32 channels each so you don't get much with only 512 on these boxes. Looks like ill need to pay $29 x 4 to get another 512 Stand alone channels.