is there any way to just buy a license for DasLight 5 instead of having to buy a physical device?

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

ednadupuis
Operating System: Windows

is there any way to just buy a license for DasLight 5 instead of having to buy a physical device?

Post by ednadupuis »

as the title says: is there any way to just buy a license for DasLight 5 instead of having to buy a physical device?
im a small DJ in the virtual reality scene and in order to connect to the software i need to control lights, i need a artnet connection. im not old enough to get a job as of writing this.
so i really dont have 200$ to throw at a physical device that would never get used.
Jamo

Re: is there any way to just buy a license for DasLight 5 instead of having to buy a physical device?

Post by Jamo »

So, you want to control an ArtNet controller with Daslight, am I getting that right?
As of now, that's not possible without a Daslight controller that is ArtNet enabled. The interface acts as a license dongle.

Feel free to read more here: https://forum.daslight.com/viewtopic.php?t=8415
gretarunte

Re: is there any way to just buy a license for DasLight 5 instead of having to buy a physical device?

Post by gretarunte »

Jamo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:08 am So, you want to control an ArtNet controller with Daslight, am I getting that right?
As of now, that's not possible without a Daslight controller that is ArtNet enabled. The interface acts as a license dongle.

Feel free to read more here: https://forum.daslight.com/viewtopic.php?t=8415pixel speedrun
Daslight uses the physical controller as a license dongle. This means the hardware itself contains the activation key for the software.
Daslight offers a free version of the software, Daslight Starter. It has limitations compared to the full version, but it might be enough for your basic needs. Check the features list to see if it works for you.