BIG PROBLEM NEED HELP WITH MATRIX VIDEO.GIF.PICTURE

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

stardustgr

BIG PROBLEM NEED HELP WITH MATRIX VIDEO.GIF.PICTURE

Post by stardustgr »

:lol: hello every one i am having a daslight interface
DVC2 512 that until now works fine and i iam working a lot with this software. untill now i just have to play shows with moving heads par cans smoke machines and others stuff. but now i have to play led wall and i am going to buy more interfaces for the dmx channels that i need. the problem that i am having is when i open generator fx to (rgb matrix) and try to put video gif or picture says ERROR and the program shut down :shock: :shock: :shock: the others stuff like color effect text works fine please help.... thanks alot

iam having the latest version of software and plugins and how to setup in matrix mode the leds

and something else where we can post videos fotos with daslight software at action you now from theaters lives conserts......

thanks tony from greece :wink:

[/b]
Andre

Post by Andre »

I will investigate when I get home on my test/development system.
What fixtures and how many are you using ?

For video etc you would need to post them to YouTube or similar or into your own web site/server/space and then put a link to them in your post on here.
Andre
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

hi andre thx for the reply :D :D :D
you are doing great job here.

i am using chroma-q Color Web 250.6 Power Supply each 512 chanel and 45 color web with 16 led each 3channel*16 led=48 chanels each color web,and total 2160 chanels.so 5 dmx universe
the problem is not the led that i am going to use i have try it with rgb leds from library (3 channels) and matrix mode but the same error..

thank you
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

and this the first foto from the latest live that i have done with daslight i am waiting for the dvd to post it.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsGJy99
Andre

Post by Andre »

Hi stardustgr,

I have just tested the matrix function using 169 3 channel LED fixtures and patched as a 13 x 13 matrix.
I then used the FX generator, created a new layer and then added my avi file and all worked fine including in the visualiser.

I was using the latest beta for this test.

Here is a link to an avi file of it running in the visualiser. It is 6.33mb in size.
http://justfloyd.co.uk/otherstuff/dasli ... matrix.avi

Is that a touch screen as your 2nd monitor ? How do you find using the DVS application to play back your scenes ?
Andre
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

hi again thx for your time
the second monitor is just a monitor no touch just monitor.
i like it very much the 2nd monitor because i have organise my scenes with color for the moving heads and also with color for the effects so i have everything where i want to. for example the red are hi end xpot 38 channels the black is martin mac 600 15 channels up stage the orange martin mac 600 floor stage the blue is martin atomic 3000 strobo and the smoke machine the black dig one button on the right with black out and some other stuff. the only problem that i found was that you must first write the scenes and when u are ready then fix the monitor if you create another one u must put it at the end other wise whene u open the 2nd monitor the scenes are not in order but that was nothing to worry.

for the other problem that i have the gif.movie.picture i have the dvc2 software. can u try it in that? if it is possible. today i have download the beta and when i patch the hi-end expot 38 channels and go to lock them from down left (where u find all the fixtures that u have patch) i have in the screen only 1 with 33 channels and not 38 and also it was mising the window that u can light up the moving heads and the other five moving heads that i have patched.. i just have only 33 faders in front of my and nothing else. i am going to take a foto and sent u to see what i mean.i am going to use my other laptop to see if its something rong with my first one.also i like it very much the fx generator with the new plugins.

sorry for my english its not the best
i am going to download now the beta to my other laptop and i will tell u for the gif.
thx alot for ur time keep the good work u are doing :D :D :D
tony from greece
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

so i download the beta mode to other laptop and i can say the gif and picture works fine :lol: :lol: :lol: the video error mode again :( :( :( and for the ficture that i have told u here its fine so i will look my pc again . check for the video mode in beta. and i will check the beta mode as much as i can with this laptop if its posibble check the gif picture video in dvc2 and tell my what u find.also would be nice to have the program one button black out.not fix one every time.

thx for ur time iwill wait for reply.
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

hi andre
i am very huppy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i fount what the problem was and now everything works fine more than fine :lol: :lol: :lol:
the problem was that the software in my 2 laptops to open a file (gif.picture.video) must find this type of file inside the c:/ daslight virtual controler. so i get inside the c disk and daslight and create 3 new folders one gif one picture one video i put inside the type of video gif picture and works perfectly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

again the program is very nice and very easy i love it
also very good at beta the dvs when u program a button the light switch that you can see what is active.very good work.....

thank u for ur time and the developments
keep the good work
tony from greece
Andre

Post by Andre »

Hi Tony,

Glad you have resolved the problem :)

I made a post here about what is new with the new beta, including the fixes on DVS and what the new icons on the Group headers in "LIVE" do.
http://www.daslight.com/support/viewtop ... =1175#1175
Take a read if you have not done so.

The band I do the lighting for was in Athens on Saturday playing at Kyttaro Live. I did not go as the venue would not pay for another ticket and the venue did the lighting :(

I am looking to get a 17inch+ touch screen sometime in the near future which will make thing a lot easier to do as no need to chase the mouse from screen to screen. Only the price is preventing this happening at the moment, I am sure they will come down in price.
Andre
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

hi andre
i very sorry about that u dint come here :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
i will hope next time to come :lol: :lol: :lol: and u will be my guest here in athens

i have only one problem with beta edition my screen is 1024*768 pixel and if i patch moving head bigger than 28 channels like high-end x pot xtreme 38 channells (i have patced 6 of them) i can see in the window with the extreme heads (down right where u select ur fixtures) only one with 33 channels. and the window with the light deam on-off home posision f1-f12 and the moving heads are missing :shock: :shock: :shock:
have u any idea whats rong??
i cant change resolusion its the bigger that i can do.
is there somewhere a software to change that ??

thx alot :D :D :D :D
Andre

Post by Andre »

Could you post a screen shot of what it looks like as I can't quite visualise what you are saying.

Oh I def will be going next time, I am sure they will get another invite. Thank you for the invitation to be your guest.

Cheers
Andre
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

hi andre
this is the problem i told u in the first picture i patch the moving heads 6 of them (38 channels) and in the second is the screen that i have and in the last is the same with 28 channels

patch [url] http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts1vrgcA

problem 38channels [/url] http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts1vsux0

ok 28 channels [url] http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts1vu9i0
Andre

Post by Andre »

Blimey, that is a real problem.

I have never seen that and what with my laptop and desktops both having a 1920x1200 resolution, I don't think I will see it.

I assume the menu "Widows>Reset positions" does not help ?

The only thing I can think of that would help, is when you have you dual monitor setup is to take DVC2 out of MAX screen (the icon next to the red "X") sorry I can't think what its called, then you can drag the screen across to you 2nd monitor assuming it has been set as "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" (Display Properties).
Then when you can see the division between the sliders/pallete and the fixture selection drag the divison to the left it should then create a slider underneath the faders. You should then be able to stretch the screen back out to full size of one screen. Not sure what would happen if you was to maximise it again. You can try that. Not sure if it will stay like that when you Save your show either, or if you change to a different fixture tab. Having to do that repeatedly would be a right royal pain in the ass.
Try switching from sliders to pallete mode first, and see if you can see the division.

The above image shows the slider below the list of channels for that fixture after I did the above.

I definately think this is something that should be reported to Daslight.

Hope that helps.
Andre
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

first of all i would like to thank you one more time for ur time
i dont have now the external monitor i prety sure it has to do with the screen of my laptop in beta version in dvc2 is working fine. in my other laptop also works fine but in this one no i have try everything cant do it and also if i open the fx generator from the left down of the window is taking only the first mh the others are dead but if i open fx generator from up its taking all of them. i hope they will fix this thing.

i will try the beta mode more and if i find anything else i will inform u
thx again keep the good work
tony from greece